In an age where almost everyone now sings or is involved in music one way or the other, artistes seek for many other things to make them the complete package.
One of such things is dancing.
For some it comes easy, for others they have had to force it to happen like Banky W.
Here is a look at 5 Nigerian musicians who are also very good dancers.
- P- Square: Undoubtedly, the duo are the kings of dance in the country, their videos, stage performances always have energetic and well rehearsed dance moves that had been compared to that of Michael Jackson and Usher Raymond in some quarters, the recent ‘Dance with Peter’ TV reality show is another testament to this.
- Dipp: If there is one artiste who could give Peter a run for his money on the dancefloor, the person has to Dipp, this afro pop singer has moves that will leave you in awe.
- Mamuzee Twins: the energetic twins follow in the steps of P-square with their traditional dance moves and well rehearsed performances.
- May D: This is another artiste who puts in effort in all his videos, always doing the choreographed dance moves with the help of his back-up dancers.
- Dr Sid/ Sound Sultan: The 5th spot is jointly shared by Sidney Esiri and Lanre Fasasi. The ‘Surulere’ singer actually started out as a back-up dancer before being dragged into music by former boss Eldee, even though his weight won’t allow anymore, Sidney still makes those moves that gets the floor pumping, check out his dance routine at his wedding or his moves in the recently released ‘Kabiyesi’ video. Sound Sultan is another good stepper and actually once partook in a Celebrity dance reality TV show.
Ehis Combs Ohunyon is a music lover and writer, follow on twitter @ehiscombs