The culture is fluid. Today’s hot property is stale gist tomorrow and trends evolve faster than the sane person can keep up with.
Sounds.ng recognizes the need to evaluate current players and sounds. Searching within the ranks of the music industry for the most powerful voices, influential figures and relevant players, we put together a top notch team whose one job it will be to assemble the definitive Nigerian music countdown chart.
This jury is made up of individuals who have distinguished themselves as industry experts, pop culture enthusiasts, sound analysts, music lovers and taste arbiters. They will combine experience and expertise in producing a weekly ranking of the Top 40 Nigerian songs out there.
We present the jury:
- Tosin Adeda: Adeda is a music critic, blogger and culture analyst. Possibly the only blogger to cross Burna Boy and emerge unscathed. His writing has appeared on Ynaija.com, Notjustok.com and Thenetng.com
- Ehiz: Ehiz Okoeguale is a music VJ who came to the limelight after he won the MTV Base VJ search. He is the host of MTV’s Top Ten Naija and the Globacom sponsored Dance with Peter.
- Osi Suave: Osi Suave brings to the table a vast knowledge of music acquired from years of working on air. He presently works with high flying Beat FM in Lagos.
- Olamide Adedeji: Adedeji is the group channels manager, Consolidated Media Associates Group, home to Soundcity and ONTV among others. He works in various capacities with global companies like Guinness, Nokia, MTN, and Multichoice.
- Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi: Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi is an award-winning broadcaster and host of the popular Drive Time show on Beat FM Lagos. She doubles as program manager for Naija FM.
- Bizzle Osikoya: Bizzle Osikoya is group manager to African music powerhouse, Mavin Records.
- Tosyn Bucknor: Area Mama, Bucknor is not your everyday on-air personality. She owns a lifestyle blog, hosts a highly rated morning show called the Voice of Lagos and has an alternative-rock singing alter-ego known as Con.tra.diction.
- Chin Okeke: Chin Okeke is the founder of Eclipse West Africa, a branding and communication company with a focus on the entertainment industry.
- Audu Maikori: Audu Maikori is one of the founders of Nigeria’s hip-hop headquarters, Chocolate City. He has served as a judge on the Nigeria Idol reality television show.
- IllRymz: Radio, TV show host and all-round superhuman Olowu ‘IllRymz’ Adebola hosted Radio Outloud, a pan-Nigerian syndicated show that ran across 5 major radio channels nationwide. He is the host of the Nigerian Idols.
- DJ Lo: Cleopatra Amartey is a Lagos bred Ghanaian DJ who has a major focus on Electronic Dance Music (EDM)
- Timi “TMXO” Aladeloba: Knight House’ in-house producer is known for his infamous Trap music style
- Wilfred Okiche: Wilfred Okiche is a music journalist, columnist and culture critic whose work has appeared on 360nobs.com, Ynaija.com and The Sun Newspapers.
- Joey Akan: Joey Akan is music critic and poet. He is also a writer at Pulse.ng
- Jim Donnett: Jim Donnet is an editor at one of Nigeria’s largest digital music platforms, tooXclusive.
- Omobonike Olofin: Omobonike Olofin is a music video production manager. She has companies like AjeFilmworks and Tokindrum pictures on her belt.
Other members of the Jury are:
- Seyi Fadipe
- Oluwaseun Adetunji
- Cyprian Okoyomo
- Charles Ugbomah
- Okunade Nurayn
- Hafiz Olushekun
- DJ TohBahd
- Adewole Conde
- DJ Damijer
You can check out the latest Top 40 by clicking this link.