Collaborations amongst rappers always goes a long way in bringing out the best as each cat seeks to outdo the other on wax, today we look at some of the finest that have been done and present to you in no particular order 7 of the best Naija rap collabos ever;
- Spazmodic (Mode9 and Terry thaRapman): off the Pentium IX album released in 2006, this is regarded as one of the GOAT collabos. The quotable on this song is more than some rappers got on their whole album. ‘It’s that time of the month, I’m writing rap all day/ Punchlines keep flowing, I’m with my pad, always’, need I say more?
- We Go Hard (Ikechukwu ft MI): this joint off the ‘Life and Times of Killz Vol’ 1 saw these two cats beasting on an Ikon laid beat. ‘Mr Incredible and Killz, the Incredible Hulk’.
- Bragging Rights (Freestyle ft Blaise): Off the Free At Last album, during the heat of Freestyle’s beef with El Dee, he got the services of another member of Da Trybe and Naija’s foremost femcee Blaise to release one of the hardest rap joints.
- Mathematics(Lord V ft Boogey): if you have want to listen to brilliant, hard spitting, no space for corny bars type of rap, look no further than Mathematics off Lord V’s debut tape 234 featuring Boogey.
- Ghost Mode(Olamide and Phyno): Maybe the most commercially successful rap collabo on the list, kicked off the local rappers movement and set Phyno on a path to being a household name.
- Dreamer (SDC ft MI): Off the Dreamer Project, Rap duo Ghost and Tec got the support of heavyweight MI as they preached about their dreams.
- Distractions (A-Q ft Vector): AQ dropped a stellar verse but Vector’s verse came with so much controversy that it became memorable and got Vec the leading baton in that beef with Reminisce.
Ehis Combs Ohunyon is a music lover who writes when in doubt, follow on twitter @ehiscombs