In today’s entertainment industry, first impression matters and what better way to leave a first impression that to have a style that makes you easily identifiable? Many artist have tried to come up with various styles and image to give them that rock-star status and enhance the show part of the business, some come in form of what they wear, how they wear it or the controversies they generate, here is a look at 5 of those who have used their signature styles to achieve commercial success in the industry
- Eedris Abdulkareem: Forget his many hit songs, forget his endless controversies, one aspect of the Lakreem Boss that is unforgettable is the image of him always rocking a towel in his videos and shows which got copied by many of his fans.
- Ruggedman: Michael Ugochukwu Stephen dissed the man who wore a towel, then got disssed for his headwarmer ‘Headwarmer in the sun, what are you’?
- Zaaki Adzee: Recently released a new song and the constant feature aside his wack lyrics was his Torchlight. This rapper from the North has been in the game for over a decade along with his torchlight.
- Tony Tetuila: nicknamed the ‘Golden boy of Africa’ because of his dyed blonde hairstyle which made him more obvious than a traffic light back in his hey days.
- Don Jazzy: leader of the new sound and king hencho of the Mavins empire is known for his walking stick especially during his time as Mohits boss with Dbanj.
Ehis Combs Ohunyon is a music lover and writer, follow on twitter @ehiscombs