Last, Friday November 20, fans of 27-year-old award-winning songwriter, singer and performing artiste, Adele woke up to the release of the highly anticipated 25 album.
We all have been previously teased with two songs off the album “Hello” and “When We Are Young”.
Here are 5 things you should know about the album.
1) The new album is not a break up album. “My last record was a break-up record and if I had to label this one I would call it a make-up record,” Adele wrote on Twitter on Wednesday.
2) 25 is expected to be the biggest album of this year.
3) 25 is only available at Amazon at an old-school pricing of £9.99.
4) Amazon has announced that 25 has become the most pre-ordered album ever from its UK site.
25 is not on Spotify or other streaming services (Adele’s decision).
5) The album has 11 songs (the deluxe version will have 3 additional tracks)
6) 25 has high profile collaborators, including Bruno Mars, Swedish pop wizard Max Martin, and OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder.
7) The album’s leading single “Hello” which reached the No. 1 spot in 28 countries upon its release became the first song to sell more than a million digital copies in a week.
8) “When We Were Young”, which was debuted in a live-performance form, was written with 30-year-old Canadian musician Tobias Jesso Jr.).
9) Have you bought your copy? Get yours and let’s know what you think!
By Olabode Emmanuel Olawumi
Ff @olabodeeo on Instagram and twitter